The world’s most popular realistic pinball simulation has been completely rebuilt for Mac
Featuring the first of the ULTRA editions – Pro Pinball: Timeshock!
London, 19th August 2016:
Barnstorm Games today announced that Pro Pinball Ultra, based on the classic hit game, Pro Pinball, is now available in the Mac App Store and features in Apple’s New Apps and Games We Love section. The game initially launched on iOS, Android and then Steam, following a successful Kickstarter campaign that garnered the support to bring the series back. As a result, the first table: Timeshock! can now be played on iOS, Android, PC and Mac platforms. The original development team used the plans of the original and completely recreated the experience for today’s Mac owners, with the addition of some exciting new features. The table has support for 4K displays, access to the Operator’s Menu to customize the table, and now includes high, medium or low views with the option to have the backbox on or off. Pinball aficionados can enjoy further tinkering with Glass-Off-Mode, which allows the player to remove the virtual glass and move the ball around. Pro Pinball Ultra is available to purchase from the Mac App Store for $12.99/£9.99/€12.99.
“It seems fitting that Pro Pinball is our first Mac App Store release, the original game was a formative title for the development team and proved hugely successful,” stated Adrian Barritt, Head of Development at Barnstorm Games. “Using today’s technology we have been able to produce a game that has more features and provides and even more authentic simulation experience for pinball fans. The game really plays to the strength of current generation Apple Macs and we are delighted that this has been recognised by Apple with a feature in the Mac App store,” said Barritt.
Pro Pinball Ultra takes pinball simulation to heights never before seen, with multiple table views, 4K support and a new lighting engine that really brings the experience to life.
Notes to Editors
About the game:
- The ultimate pinball physics engine!
- Beautiful photo realistic graphics at spectacular resolutions, including support for 4K.
- Includes: high, medium and low views, with an optional backbox.
- Control the ambient light level – play in the dark with ultra dynamic lighting effects.
- Hundreds of top quality dot-matrix display animations.
- Operator’s Menu lets you customise and experiment with the table.
- Glass-Off Mode – lets you take the virtual glass off the table and push the balls around the table with your finger or mouse.
- Unified world-wide high score Leaderboards.
- More content packed in than many regular tables put together – Multiballs, Wizard Modes, Video Modes, Spinners, Jet Bumpers, Magnets, Drop Targets and just about everything else you can imagine!
- The original games in the popular Pro Pinball series of games were available on PC, Macintosh, PlayStation, Sega Saturn and Sega Dreamcast
It’s time to take on Pro Pinball Ultra
For more information about Pro Pinball: Ultra visit https://www.pro-pinball.com. Pro Pinball Ultra is developed and published by Barnstorm Games and available to purchase from the Mac App Store and Steam for $12.99/£9.99/€12.99. Pro Pinball: Timeshock! The Ultra Edition is also available on the App store and Google Play. Email: PR@barnstormgames.com
About Barnstorm Games
Barnstorm Games publishes, distributes and develops interactive entertainment products on multiple formats, available throughout the world. Titles include: The Chase, the No.1 on iOS and Android; Tipping Point, the No.1 Game on iOS and Android; Countdown, the No.1 Word Game on iOS and Android; Mensa Brain Test, the No.1 iOS Entertainment App in 17 countries; Evel Knievel, the No.1 Racing Game on iOS in 40 countries; Let’s Draw, the UK No.1 DS title; Hello Kitty Party; Mensa Academy, the No.1 Education App on iOS; Perfection on iOS and Android; Mensa Brain Training on iOS and Pro Pinball. Further information about Barnstorm Games and its products can be found at: www.barnstormgames.com. Software © 2016 Barnstorm Games Ltd.
OS: OS X 10.7 or later
Graphics card: OpenGL 3.0+ recommended